Thursday, February 15, 2007

Revving up

Well, it's three and half days into my new job. So far, it's exactly what I was looking for. This job reminds me of R&L. Complete with my own office, convenient computer networking, templates, casual days and small celebrations of inclimate weather. I am so excited by the thought of decorating my office! What to bring first? I need some kind of mirror...lamps...pictures, and of course A FISH!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. Sorry I slipped a little this year on sending Valentines. I'm usually pretty good with all of that, but I had so much on my mind within the past two weeks, I guess I kind of put it on the back burner. My office called yesterday a snow day and was closed. I got to spend the day at home...and as luck may have it, Ted got to come home after working only half the day. I got to spend the day with my Valentine. I would get into all the things I did for him but some of you may think I'm a dork, completely sex-crazed, or ill by how much I am completely in love. So I will spare you all and leave it at...I had a great Valentine's Day.

Connecticut + Wendi = FUN! I got to spend a little girlie time with my girlie while she visited her parents over the weekend. thank you to Mother Nature for holding out with the snow.... Wendi, it was so AWESOME to see you....to be able to relax with a best friend, to catch up...to listen to bad karaoke, eat delicious red velvet cake, collect abstract beads and play with your niece Emalie. Good times. It is refreshing to know that you are only a 4 hour drive away when you visit the east coast. Ahhhhh...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Whoever said that, must've been as madly in love as I am. Though it is wonderful to spend time with old friends, it is most rewarding to return into the arms of your loved one. I spent 4 months on the phone with Ted...any trips longer than a day are too similar to a deja vu. There's nothing in the world I would trade for you, my love, absolutely nothing. Thank you for always trying to understand me.

I have experienced the first winter weather in PA after 7 years of Colorado winters. Let me remind those of you who may or may not remember the east coast winters. ICE SUCKS! It snowed, sleeted, snowed, then sleeted more....lovely. It amounted to 6 or so inches or snow, ice, snow, ice and made for very hazardous conditions. My 35 min commute home took an hour and a half on Tuesday. Awesome. PennDOT blows. the roads were terrible. people WERE driving to my suitability (is that a word?) so I was confident no one was going to side swipe me and throw me down an embankment. When I took Walden out, complete with doggie coat, he took two steps in the ice/snow and squatted to pee, then took a look at me and started to head back in. I had to drag my little one further out in the elements so he would do his #2 -I almost lost my little boy when the snow gave way and ended up hugging his neck. too deep for you little bugger. good thing i got that jacket on ya...was the only thing that told me where you were. (ok, so it wasn't that deep)

Catching up with old friends is a way to replenish your inner strengths. Embrace your friendships, embrace your significant other....but mostly embrace yourself. It is through conversations rekindling times spent that remind me how strong I've become on this journey thus far. You + me = this wonderful life. XXOOXX

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Glad you had a great time with Wendi and you got a snow day with your Valentine on Valentine's Day. Nothing more romantic than being snowed in with your honey.