Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ice fishin'

Has anyone ever gone fishin on the ice? Ok, neither have I, but Ted goes. Let me tell you, as long as i lived in Colorado, I never once stepped out onto a frozen lake...I'm not sure why Colorado seems like a prevalent place to walk on a frozen lake, I guess because it gets ass-cold there...anyway...of all the snow sports, I never met anyone who went ice fishin. For some unknown reason, the concept blows my mind. it's jesus-like. walking on water....frozen...it just seems wrong. weird. I mean, the top layer of ice is like 14 inches thick...or more. I got a little paranoid when Ted would tell me he was going, til he showed me where he goes and I got to see just how sturdy the lake is. Certainly reminded me of Grumpy Old Men, minus the shanty. Why guys enjoy sitting out in the blistering cold, on top of 14 inches of frozen water, trying to coerce a half-sedated fish with food, is beyond me....but I'm glad I got to check it out for myself. If you haven't, you should. It's pretty cool. I won't even get into the contraptions he uses...it's a completely different fishing experience. Girls sit around and flap our gums about fashion and celebrity gossip...but it's warm...and there is usually wine. :-)

Ever find yourself wishing it was next week, month or even year? I was thinking that this morning when i had to walk up the hill, in the middle of the street...where there was black ice...to get to my car. I wish it was 7 months from now and we were moving out of our apartment. I have never seen such thoughtless care of rental property. For what we pay, I have so many bones to pick with them I could fill a cemetery. I've been contemplating various letters to the main office and Better Business Bureau. I'm waiting to slip and fall or get hit by a car to make my complaints heard. I seriously think it would take that to be heard by any of the mindless dumb-asses that run this complex. Oh, how I cannot wait to move into a house with my honey...so many things to look forward to. I try to remind myself that we will look back on our experience with Woodgate and laugh. Only then will we laugh...because our rage will have subsided to pure happiness to be out of there. soon, soon, soon.

Wow - it's pouring rain. I can hear it on the roof. Beautiful. If only I had a window. I know, I got an office, I won't push it. I love the rain. I love when it's warm and you can dance in it.

Have a beautiful (rainy and gray) day!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Randy goes ice fishing! He loves it but would say he doesn't do it enough. He does it enough for me...I don't like it. My mind runs wild with thoughts of the ice breaking, etc. Not good.

Enjoy the rain!!!