Monday, March 26, 2007

Not just another Sunday

First, I would like to say that the weekend is never long enough. Two days is one too short in my eyes. I love weekends. It means spending time catching up on stuff I procrastinated from doing all week long, and of course, it means spending time with my honey.

I learned something new and exciting yesterday... I learned how to shoot a gun! Now some of you must be thinking, why in the world did you do that? Why would you want to know how to shoot a gun? I do not have an answer to that. I always imagined myself doing it, but when it was coming to fruition, I was nervous beyond all sense of nervousness. Me stomach was upset, and deep in the deepest of belly disorders, i found myself having IBS aches. I thought and thought, no, you don't want to do that and then i would remind myself that yes, yes you do want to try that and then back and forth and back and forth. Well, my sweetheart wasn't going to talk me out of it. The most he could do was be there...and he was. and he was the greatest teacher in the world. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else there with me. Getting over the fear is the first thing. Well, that isn't easy...at all. and i think it is a good thing to always FEAR guns. BUT know something about them so you're not irresponsible when handling one. the cold heaviness about it was intimidating. At first i thought, no, nevermind...and then when i watched Ted, i mentally prepared myself to at least try. (Holy crap, baby, you're hot!)

OK, i don't expect most of my friends to understand the feeling that i had yesterday when i took a 9mm, aimed it at a target and slowly pulled the trigger. It was empowering. The adrenaline rush was extraordinary. There you are standing still and your heart is racing and your hands are shaking and you are perspiring like you just ran around the block. Wowweeee! it's FUN! it's a lot more fun than i would have ever imagined it to be. i couldn't wait to do it again....and again, and have better aim...

I'm sure some of you are laughing..and thinking boy oh boy, she is turning into a hick. it isn't like that at all, never fear...you can take the girl out of the city, but not the city out of the girl. then you can take the girl back to the city to go shopping. hahahahaha!

I can't wait to go again. i can't wait to try a different gun. i can't wait to know how to aim better.

:-)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Growing up in hickville, SD with a dad as a hunter education instructor..I was better than all the boys at shooting the clay pigeons!