Tuesday, March 20, 2007

yummmm, coffee

I LOVE coffee! I love a good cup o' joe in the morning....I love the smell of it, the taste of it, even the thought of it even before it touches my lips. I don't get to frequent Starbucks as much as I did while living in Denver. Starbucks was in the building where I worked. I allocated 10% of my earnings to them - automatic deductions taken right from my paycheck. (hhahahahha) really, that would've been less painful than giving up $4.50/day on some fru-fru drink just to tide me over to lunch time....when I would contemplate a second helping of $4.50 fru-fru. Let's say I'm saving money...and quite frankly, the regular brew at Starbucks is bitter and not-so-yummy. It's when you throw in all the other crap (and then kid yourself by making it non-fat, sugar-free, half caf, breve, latte, macchiato, grande blah blah) (**note, spellcheck doesn't even recognize these fancy coffee terms**) that makes it really turn out delicious but not-so-good for you. SO - in the absence of Starbucks and the willingness to save money, you find a brew to make at home....one that makes you jump outta bed just to make it. Ok, so it's not like every day is my birthday, but coffee is a very good incentive to get up, for me at least. I've just babbled on about coffee....I think mainly because i WENT to Starbucks today...and I had it once last week....which was making me remember how much money I have given to the franchise. damn them. they are in cahoots with McDonald's and putting crack (or something far worse:)) in their product...why do you think you crave those french fries after you had one helping. just say no to fries and fru-fru coffee drinks.

and the coffee wears off....NOW...

Ok, so I'm still not working out again YET. I think about it, which is one step closer to the gym. I want a rock hard body without effort. ok, sure...and why don't you just take this ten million dollars while you're at it. keep dreaming. i used to work HARD to stay in shape. this aging thing is for the birds. i find myself tired all the time. but that's a catch-22 bc i'm only tired bc i'm not very active.

I'm counting the days until Gwen visits. Now, if she doesn't get to, I will cry. (well, i'll be pretty sad) because i find myself going in and out, up and down, round and round the the thought of all my friends being in different states. you guys need to all move east. and close to me. :-) that's not asking too much, is it?

pictures. i used to email everyone a ton of pictures all the time. I think i need more pics of Ted and I. I would love to have more pics of us. I love black and whites, and the sepia ones - very cool. I find myself always sending pics but never getting them...people always say, yeah - i'll send you those pictures from that time we went cliff diving (ok, not really) and then i never get them. I LOVE pictures - i think bc it's how i capture memories...and my memory doesn't work so well so i need all the help i can get. not to mention i love to hang them up all over. i love pictures, i love memories. send more pictures!

Alrighty, well at some point I will teach myself how to include pictures on this blog. Jenny does it all the time and I think it's pretty cute! I'll take some more pics of Ted & me and good ol PA and post them for you all to see...so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

"Jenny" posts pictures on her blog??? "Jenny??" You have been away too long.

Your friend,
Jenni