Friday, March 9, 2007

To fast or not to fast?

I feel the need to cleanse my body. Lately, I feel like I have been carrying around some toxic chemicals that are oozing out from my skin. I've never fasted before...the longest i think i've gone was juice all morning. I've tried it on several occasions, but have failed. I love food. I eat well, but every now and then I just feel like my system is clogged. I feel i cannot think clearly and my mind is scatter-brained. I feel the effects of (bad) food a lot. maybe because i am in tune with my body...i know when something is askew. Dad always said You are what you Eat! I am going to try to muster the motivation to do it. one day. just one. start with one and go from there. i'll do it for lent. :-) ha ha ha.

Ok, so Ted & I have managed to live in a spacious 1440 square foot apartment for almost 6 months...without furniture. Some may say I'm going to extremes with that statement as we have recently added the handsome new folding chairs to go around the wooden dining room table. We can have guests for dinner. So long as they stay at the table. I think about how our place looks and how it drives me absolutely batty to not be able to call a place "home" because i haven't really been able to express my artistic creativity there. When i think of how bothersome this apt is to both of us i try to remind myself that this too, shall pass. Someday, the story of the first place we took residence together will become one to laugh about...only bc we have become so far removed from the situation. but as for now....it makes me giggle...then followed by a sigh. ho-hum. I am getting close to taking pics...as i have mentioned i would do a while ago...but i was waiting for it to become more presentable...now i realize it will never become more presentable and so i will smile at the condition it is in now and again...remind myself it's not forever....that this isn't where we are supposed to stay, but rather, just where we lay our stuff for a little bit.

I think there are more cooties in PA than CO. i was already sick once and now i feel like i am fighting something again. i never got sick this often in CO. then again, there's my memory...and the lack of it so i may be hallucinating.

Have I mentioned lately that I feel like the luckiest girl in the world? For those of you who concern yourselves with my new-found relationship, my hastiness in moving from Colorado to move in with someone I hardly even know...we are doing wonderfully. You would all be very proud (and jealous)! So put your concerns aside and know that this girl is as happy as a pig in sh**. I hear they're pretty damn happy!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I might have already told you but when Randy and I moved to CO we had tv trays, a tv and our clothes. Nothing else. We slept on the floor until I got my first paycheck then bought a pull out couch and slept on that until we saved for a bed. Now that it's been 6.5 yrs I love to think back to that time. I like simple things.