Tuesday, July 3, 2007

food glorious food!

One of the perks to being pregnant is the offering of food. strangers offer their space in line just so the pregnant lady can get her fill first. seconds are offered. bigger pieces are cut. it's cracking me up! and what do i do? i take it! because food looks and sounds so much more delicious when i am not the one choosing what it is that is going to go in my mouth next. man, that hot dog was good. you should have another one...for the baby. ok. "for the baby" get used to it - i'm going to hear this a lot. as if the baby didn't get the first hot dog, that one was all mine. :-) i hear two conflicting voices in my head. the first saying - you don't need all that... the second saying - eat for two, why the heck not!

most of the time i am pretty good about what i choose to eat. i have picked up eating salads this week which i have not had in a while (thank goodness for prenatal vitamins). you learn how important it is to eat healthy, but yet you can't bring yourself to do it. the second trimester is being a bit more forgiving with the food choices. there for a while i was getting frustrated at everything sounding disgusting. what do you want to eat? I DON'T KNOW! 3 months of that was enough for me. now, if i could only come up with the food ideas on my own. i find myself getting ideas from co-workers, commercials and casual walks through the grocery store. (yes, i talk casual walks through the grocery store)

my life revolves around food right now. i'm excited to have my taste buds back. just gotta lay off the picnic food. i'm trying to grow a human being....but could do without the four extra chins.

*burp*

No comments: