Tuesday, July 17, 2007

mini-vaca





On Friday night, Mom and I drove down to visit with Dora and Evvan to Stone Harbor, NJ. Luckily the weather was great all weekend!





Evvan has been taking surfing lessons and he is amazingly great at it. This little boy was born with sea legs. he loves the ocean....and any type of water actually. he is on the swim team, which he loves! we got to watch him have a lesson on Sunday. it was so cool to watch the little man get up and go! i couldn't believe my eyes. i think he will make a great snowboarder!




I have always loved the beach! I got to wear my maternity bathing suit, which you will never see me in....hahahhahahha and sit under an umbrella just like an old nanny. i saw one other woman on the beach who was pregnant and she was wearing a bikini. i wasn't brave enough to give that a try. of course, she looked much thinner than me! but much further along! We got some sun, did some shopping and ate at some local restaurants. I had a great time getting to know Evvan a little better!



i cannot remember the last time i flew a kite. Seems like i was just mentioning it to Ted. I bought a kite for Evvan and brought it along. he was overjoyed to fly it since the last time, apparently, Jeff had some problems getting his kite off the ground! this kite was great. it took right off and once i got it up for him, Evvan took full control and never let it touch ground!








I know some people think the Jersey shore really doesn't offer much of a beach, but it's where we vacationed when i was growing up. i cherish the memories i have from all of our beach visits. there is nothing like a summer vacation at the jersey shore. it's only 2.5 hours from home. for a weekend jaunt...it's super fun!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Not sure who complains about the Jersey shore but it looks amazing! No one else is in sight. I'm jealous!!