Tuesday, July 31, 2007

and more on the belly front...

We are now in week 19...one more week and we will have reached our half-way mark. Our ultrasound is scheduled for 8/14! I'm still packing on the pounds, more than what they write about, i'm sure. for some reason, your body does not crave (or want) healthy food when you are growing a baby inside of you. you would think that it would, however, somehow grilled cheese and pizza are about the most delicious things you can devour. oh well...





belly at 18 weeks, forget about trying to fit into that pair of pants for the picture! not happening! even with my bella band, extending the life of some of my pre-pregnancy pants, I have found myself having to let go and become....yes...fat. in the name of the baby. :-)



oh, the itching. there are thing people don't mention, or forget to mention, or don't ever bring up when you are pregnant. here's one....your boobs and belly will itch unbelievably. this is from your skin stretching. now i might have it worse than most because my boobs are growing right along with my belly...because the belly itching is tolerable. lotion, lots of lotion.


i have noticed that it is mostly my boobs growing with my belly. not my ass, not my arms, not my legs....just those two spots. thank goodness. stay that way, please!!!!



pregnancy is cool, very cool. the most wonderful experience you can ever feel is the movement of your little one. baby has become a little less active as he/she grows. the thumps and pats are getting stronger but more on the "hey, i'm just hanging out" kind of feeling. before, it felt like he/she was trying to escape. now, i think there is a comfort level.
baby is very high. right under my boobs. although, some days it seems lower and sometimes it's high. there are days when my belly is tight as can be - can bounce a quarter off of it and then there are days when it is mushy. i have days when i am super tired and others when i manage to do more than one errand. but the hunger plagues me!
Some people say i have the glow. i don't always feel glowy - but i definitely have good days. my complexion is good then bad....my nails are horribly dry, but growing like weeds.
i read and i read and i fill out info for free stuff....all this preparing is mind-bottling (ha ha). this is good...ted has the house to occupy his time...and me, the baby.



1 comment:

Jenni said...

Ah...you look amazing! Definitely glowing and that huge smile tells the world how happy you are.

I love that shirt!