Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dr appt #3

last wednesday, Ted and I went to our 3rd (week 16) dr appt. we were told that i am measuring 2 weeks ahead...either my dates are wrong or i am carrying one big baby. we can find out for sure at the ultrasound which we have scheduled for 8/14.

The heartbeat was louder and stronger and racing at 158 beats/min. You could hear it loud and clear this time! No searching! You can deduct whatever you want, but there is still the 50/50 chance of the baby being a boy! :-) We won't have a better idea until we go for the ultrasound. And yes, there is only one baby in my belly. I guess it is at this point that you would be able to detect the number of babies inside. Because of my size, i guess it was a curiosity.

There is girl at the office who gave birth the beginning of December last year and she loves to watch my growth. She thinks I am BIG! people show differently, i am told. the way you carry your baby, people may see as an indication of the sex...who knows. take a look at me...let me know after consulting with the stars or what-have-you....what sex you think it is. maybe we should start a pool.

Ted's brother and sister-in-law are expecting again. This will be baby #3 and i am excited that our little ones will be so close in age! they only live an hour away, so hopefully we will be able to see them on a regular basis. altho, i am sure lugging three kids around is a huge chore! at any rate, ted's friends are about to have their third baby and they live 10 mins away. when you are having a baby, for some reason, you want to make sure there are people to hang out with with a common interest. :-)

So, growth in the next few weeks will be fast. i will be sure to keep you posted with belly shots and updates of how i am doing. I am finally off the chocolate milk and cheese and craving pasta. i don't know which is the lesser of the evils... seems like whatever i eat will make me fatter, so who cares! i eat what i want to eat!

Headaches have subsided altho i still get them once a week. gas is increasing as well as heartburn/indigestion. i have days when i am tired and days when my energy is increased. my mood swings have calmed down from two weeks ago, but who's to say that won't start up again. the last few weeks were terrible....please don't come back!

ted has been a complete wonderful, couldn't ask for a more understanding, sweetest of sweethearts partner through this pregnancy so far and i couldn't be more thankful! I love him with the biggest heart of hearts and cannot WAIT to raise our baby together!

No comments: