Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bella!

thank you to whoever designed the Bella Band! and thank you to Jenni for recommending it! I kept telling myself to just invest and give it a try and last night, i finally broke down and did it. i bought my first Bella Band.

Now for those of you who are asking what in the world it is - i shall explain. A Bella Band is essentially a tube top that goes over the tops of your pants to hide the fact that you cannot zip them all the way or button them up. it saves you money from having to buy all new pants while your belly grows on a weekly basis. quite frankly, our checkbook is having a heck of a time keeping up. it is crazy! just when i think i got something that fits, i grow out of it. SOOOOOOO this band thingy will help me to hold onto some of my pants a little while longer! YEH! and they come in all kinds of colors - with or without lace! i got black lace, of course. so today, i squeezed into an old top and old pants and covered up underneath with my bella! i actually feel pretty! rare days!

The maternity store we went to (mom and I) was super pricey but she was nice enough to buy me some stuff as my "birthday" present and it helped to make me realize that i can look completely fashionable while i am pregnant. i haven't really gone out of my way....i was shooting for comfort. it's a good thing i can get away with cargo pants and t-shirts at work or we would be broke buying dress clothes for me all the time. i love t-shirts, tank tops and drawstring pants. particularly, ted's shorts. comfort! yes! oh, and flip-flops...every day! yeh, i'm not voguing this pregnancy.

thank you bella! i swear that is going to be my gift to the next new mom-to-be i come across.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Glad to hear you like the bella band. And black lace sounds pretty and sexy. Just what you want, right? :) I wear flip flops to and from work but change into my dress shoes when I have to go to the bathroom. Otherwise I'm barefoot. Yep, barefoot and pregnant. That's my current status and I don't envision it changing anytime soon, or at least for 7 weeks.

Unknown said...

Sista, sista! I'm so happy and excited for you! And so glad Mom took you shopping - that's so sweet! I am planning to call you tomorrow(4 o July) if'n you around! I LOVED the bday cards & yo sweet singing voice! Miss you tons!!
g