Tuesday, June 12, 2007

trudging along

First I wanted to comment about how i almost lost my mind while i was stuck in traffic this morning. 5 miles - 45 mins later...arriving to work....ripping out my hair...wondering HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE THIS COMMUTE ANOTHER 6 mths!??!??!?!? I need something...some way...to relieve my stress of my commute. i think i need a massage. Poor baby, i think....i hope he isn't full of rage when he is born (no, we don't know the sex yet). i truly hope that my stress isn't burdensome to him. that's why i feel i need something else to take my mind off of it. suggestions welcome.

to those of you wondering how am i doing, how i am feeling with the pregnancy, i will report....i am super tired. food is tasting better to me, my belly is growing, although not at the alarming rate my boobs are, and i pray for a day when i have the motivation to keep our apt looking not so messy. Baby still likes salty things although i have ventured into fruit again and am enjoying it a ton. I think i have gained a heightened sense of smell over the past few weeks as i can often times smell things from pretty far away. when i smell something delightful, it is super delicious. some colognes, peaches, fresh rain, and clean laundry. yum! while going through hormone spikes i break out. i have these about every two weeks. i am experiencing one now. i think they bring on headaches as well. i cannot, at this point, put my finger on why i still get these headaches. i have blamed sinuses (which along with a stuffy nose, i can recognize), hormone spikes and lack of rest. i'm not sure where they stem from...all i know is they are frequent. most of the time i feel lousy and i am hoping that this all lifts soon as we near the end of our first trimester! i only take Tylenol when i HAVE to get work done (note, this is not every day, hahahha) or when the head is thumping so much it keeps me from thinking clearly.

last week i had a toothache. i prayed and prayed and Ted did the "go away achy tooth" dance and the pain has gone away...i fear, for now...but will return. I am praying that if it returns it does so AFTER the baby is born so i can then take care of the root canal/crown issue i have been ignoring for over a year now. eek...i know. the thought of any kind of dental work while i am pregnant is frightening...heck, it's frightening even when i'm not pregnant.

I'm pregnant! i remind myself time and time again and it sounds so wonderful when i just come right out and say it! I'm so proud! i'm so excited to hold our baby!

we are closing in on our first trimester and our second Dr appt is tomorrow. i am hoping to get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. if they don't do it though, we have our very own doppler, courtesy of Allison...thank you! i will be fishing around for my little baby's heartbeat tomorrow if the Dr doesn't do it. i am curious how much weight i have gained as i feel gigantic and none of my pants much fit anymore. i don't want to obsess over it, but since i didn't have any morning sickness, i think i ate more than some pregnant women during the first tri - ergo - gaining more. we shall see.

i felt the first kick last monday, june 4th and then again on the 5th and 6th. he was quiet all weekend until i prodded him a bunch on Sunday which made him poke me enough to remind me that yes, he is there. i cannot WAIT to be able to feel stronger movement! i know i'm lucky to feel it so early.... but to not feel it consistently becomes a bummer. i often find myself prodding away at my abdomen just to see if i can get him going. ted thinks i should go easy on the prodding, but little one needs a little encouragement to be energetic!

I will blog about our second dr visit soon - in hopes that it is something to write about!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're feeling big now, hmmmm.....twins maybe?
: ) - Robin

Jenni said...

I'm so excited someone else commented! Yay for Robin!

Good luck at your doctor appointment today! I hope you get to hear the heart beat.

Let us know how it goes!