Monday, June 25, 2007

growing belly

Yesterday we decided to FINALLY take a new belly shot. I wore the same clothes (i don't think i will be able to for another shot) so you can make the comparison. i am now 14 weeks. the first pic was taken at 5 weeks (see April posting). You can also note how big my chest got! Yeah, no need to comment, I am fully aware of that exponential growth rate! gads! i gave up on bras....i'm moving onto sport tops.



There are some things you plan on and others you never dreamed of when you first find out you are pregnant. I never dreamed my chest would get so enormous. and to think, it isn't even done yet! and like every mom has said to me - wait till they fill with milk. i swear if one more person utters (no pun intended) that to me i will slap them upside the head with one of them. don't thikn it won't reach your cheek mama, it will!




I just bought Jenny McCarthy's "Belly Laughs" and i cannot explain how wonderfully honest her book is. She was actually so astonished by the size of her breasts that she weighed one of them on a kitchen scale. one breast= 5 pounds. Well, Jenny, i think i will be able to share that glory, eh, if it's called that, with you!






Here's a new self portrait of mom & dad. Had my hair cut this weekend. at the rate my hair is growing, i could easily take on two inches by the end of summer. heck, i think maybe more. just since the beginning of May it grew one inch. i had two inches cut off this weekend and it made a world of difference to the weight. love it! they say not to make any drastic decisions while you are pregnant, for fear that the hormones make you think and behave in a dramatic fashion...i have no idea what they are referring to...hahhahahaha, but anyway, i figured i would save any major changes until after birth and returning to normal hormone levels. for now i'll stick to trimming.





And just in case any of you were wondering how Walden is taking the news of being a big brother...he is anxious and giddy. He told me he cannot WAIT until he can play with the baby! He misses his Auntie Nora and wants her to know there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't daydream about you while in his crate all day. he dreams of the dog park, of long walks and kisses on his Auntie Nora's nose. :-)



2 comments:

Jenni said...

14 weeks??? Holy shit! I thought I was staying on top of your pregnancy but time apparently got away from me. Holy shit!

I love the belly shot and that you wore your same clothes. It really puts it in perspective!

Walden is a cutie patootie!

Anonymous said...

Much better - thanks for the heads up on the place to see the GOOD pictures! You look fantastic to say the least! :) Lucky!