Friday, January 12, 2007

Mission accomplished

Five days straight! I made it five days in a row to the gym. Hard to think, I used to go to the gym every day...that's what happens when it is more convenient!

I'm starting to think I am the pickiest of people when it comes to my job. Some days I tell myself I deserve better, other days I remind myself that I have a primo spot and should be lucky. Today, I'm thinking life isn't SO bad...could always be worse, and quite frankly, this may be the best it will get, at least in this neck of the woods. So, I try to take a slow breath, relax....stop over-analyzing and manage what i've got, for now. Thank goodness it's Friday.

It's funny to think that before moving home, I had all these great intentions to catch up on forgotten friendships. I have seen ONE, yes ONE of my girlfriends since September, when I planted myself here. Problems exist due to scheduling and holidays, of course, so the blame isn't primarily on me. Tomorrow, I will visit with Molly & Ava. Ava was born in June 2006. Molly I have known since I was 12. I'm hoping this is one little one who will befriend my perspective children. I always wondered...who will my kids be friends with....whose kids of all my friends, will spend the most time with my kids....what couple will bond with us? Everyone needs a couple to share the anxiety of parenting, no? ahhh...more thoughts of the future...so exciting.

Looks like it wll be Spring on the east coast for another weekend.

No comments: