Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Getting to know someone

You simply cannot always be in a good mood. We all have our days. Maybe for no reason whatsoever, other than it being cold or raining, you just wake up on the wrong side of bed. So how do you keep your happy face on when you're just not feeling up to par?

I always remind myself to treat others as I want to be treated. It's tough to put on a happy face when you just aren't in the mood. People get bothered, we are human, it happens.

It's the first cold, something coming on and getting the best of him. Ted's sick. People often whine when they don't feel well. Ted is the cutest thing that could be. He bickers to himself and his upper lip folds into cheek like he constantly smells something bad. it's adorable. He needs attention...but at a distance. The best thing to do, I learned, is to just let him be. Get him tea, make sure he has his Alka-Seltzer Cold medicine and let him sleep...no matter how much he is burning up and drooling...on my lap. cute.

I'm not a dozen roses when I feel terrible. I get short...how could you NOT know how I feel??!!!! It's been awhile since I've gotten sick...I forget how miserable I can be. I'm sure I'm fairly annoying to deal with though. I generally have to take care of myself...so it's me that has to deal with me. I'm confident that if or when I fall ill with Ted, he will take care of me - the best he can...

As long as you can giggle to yourself...and remember, not every day is going to be a great day, sometimes you just have to settle for good.

No comments: