Thursday, January 11, 2007

Kudos to me!

It's Thursday. Last Friday I swore to myself that I would start back at the gym on Monday. I did. I've gone every day. I'm having a hard time mustering up the strength to go today. I can do it, I can, I can.

So, every day it becomes a struggle to manage this less than thrilling job of mine. I try to remind myself that this isn't forever...but it's difficult to remind yourself when you are constantly annoyed. I guess I should be thankful I have a job, that it is so close to home, that nothing really is terribly wrong with it, other than a slight personality conflict. And come on, seriously, we cannot get along with everyone all of the time. I think I set high expectations. That's why I get annoyed.

I spent some time in the Courthouse the past two days. Yesterday for an interview, today to file documents. I do not know what it is about the Courthouse, but I love the sights and sounds; it is stimulating! I was shocked at how LITTLE they start a person off working there. I was disappointed, a wee bit. It has always been a dream of mine to work in the Courthouse.

I found out today that my family is moving my grandmother to a home. This weekend the family will take part in cleaning her house and getting things in order. It's sad. I remember my Nanny Duncan completely with it and capable of caring for not only herself, but an entire family, day after day. It saddens me to come to the harsh realization that life goes full circle. It frightens me from getting "old." It prompts loads and loads of LIFE questions...all of which we mostly choose not to discuss for the fear of realizing our own immortality.

What direction is my life headed? All this time I have wished upon star after star for a hubby and a family and a moderate home. I'm getting there step by step...one thing at a time. I find myself always wanting to rush ahead...but with thoughts of Nanny, I pray that the days slow down.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I'm sorry about Nanny Duncan. I'll be thinking of you and your family this weekend. I know it will be tough going through her house. It likely will also spark a lot of memories that hopefully will bring you all together in smiles and fond memories.