Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January 10, 2007

Well, I am going to give this a whirl and see how well I can keep up with it. I will prepare some thoughts and post more.

Life is starting to settle here in PA. It has taken a bit of time to become acclimated to my new surroundings, but I am adjusting. Reading, PA is a MUCH different kind of place from Denver. I miss the pace of the city, I miss my job, and I miss my friends. I also miss the hot spots to hang out and the diversity of the surrounding neighborhoods. Reading is small. Reading is not very safe. Reading is DIRTY. I would never live in Reading. We currently live in a two bedroom apartment 10 minutes or so outside of the city. Reading is approx. 1 1/2 hours from Philadlephia. I am approx. 40-45 minutes away from my Dad, and the town where I grew up during my teenage years. You certainly have to drive anywhere you want to get to...and there are no dog parks. Poor Walden.

Some people called us crazy. Ted and I met last May after a persistant introduction by his mother. The rest is "interesting reading." I was visiting PA while still residing in CO when it all happened. After we met, I flew back to CO and began talking with him on the phone on a constant basis. He became my date to Colleen's wedding in NY in July. I drove back to PA with him...things got hot after that. We just knew we had to be together. I was contemplating my move to home to PA to occur in 2/07, but after his welcoming invitation to become his roommate and then some... I began to infatuate over welcoming a new life, a new beginning...I found my soul mate and I decided that I was ready for the next chapter in my life to begin.

So, we made arrangements to move me home ASAP. It took us three days by car. Poor Ted was still recovering from the removal of metal shards in his eye. I had to take up the long stretch of road. We didn't make it to our first desitination in Idaho. (i think that's where it was). When you really want to get somewhere, it seems like it takes forever to get there. My Subaru toted a U-Haul, bless its heart, which was packed to the brim. In a last minute feast or famine attempt to pack it all, Colleen ended up with everything that didn't fit in the U-Haul. Lucky you. I was looking for my Ansel Adams print not too long ago....then I remembered it couldn't make the cut. My fav spot was the Motel 6 when we snuck Walden in even tho there were no pets allowed. No one even knew. He was as quiet as a church mouse.

SOOOOOO -- Here I am. Here we are! Life has never felt so right. Ok, i'm not going to lie, it would be better with a good job; I'll take true love over work, any day.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm the first to comment! YAY for me! Welcome to the blogging world. It's scary stuff at first but you'll figure it out. It helps to have someone to ask questions...I asked Staci and now you can ask me!

Jenni said...

Yes, you and Ted are a bit crazy but well, you are proving lots of people wrong. That's got to feel good...in addition to have true love. :)