Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Finding Time to Blog!

Ok, between the array of stuff I do in the course of a day, I have been so lame as to slack off on my blog. Why? Well, in the course of a day - I find about 1-2 hours of free time, depending on the length of Romy's nap. During these bouts of down time I find myself, vacuuming, grocery shopping, checking emails, applying for jobs, making phone calls, dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, picking up after the cats....the list goes on. Days fly by and leave me wondering what it is that I am left with in order to remind me to enjoy every moment i have with Romy. I do....but it's a race against time to get stuff done that needs to be done. So, i'm done making excuses. Here I am....and Romy is nearly 4 months old.



To date, i am guessing she is almost 16 lbs. she has indeed gotten taller too, i'll guess 24.5". She goes for her four mth check up this week so i'll find out for sure. When I take her out and people ask me how old she is, they are almost always astonished when I tell them how young she is. She dwarfs the five month old girls in her Library Story time group. I'm told she is a Mullins' girl. big. so be it. she is gorgeous nonetheless.


Romy is getting good at holding her head up and is almost ready to roll over.


















She is constantly figuring new and interesting things to do with her lips. See the fish face? loves it. Spending time on her tummy gets aggravating as she gets irritated when she cannot go the direction she wants to go. With a little help from mommy, a push off from the feet proves she can go an inch with success....i really don't want her too mobile yet. still need to baby proof the house!




Fingers. all of them. in the mouth. all the time. the way this child naws at her fingers you would think she is teething. no sign of teeth here, but we insist on getting them all in the mouth all hours of the day.





We laugh, we smile, we crack up sometimes. Romy is a happy girl. She loves play time and becomes pretty demanding of my attention. I must say, i am a sucker for it too. I think of it this way...some day i will be starving for her affection and she won't have time for me. I'm sucking it all up now.















Romy has started to make lots of noise. ok, so she is talking. we thought something was wrong. i found out yesterday why she is mimicking noises. i know babies mimic so i've read that you should talk to your baby, not make odd goos and gaas to them. they need to learn their annunciations. that's what i do. mommmmmm, mommmmmma, daaaaaaaaaa, dada. Romy started to eeeeeeeee, aahhhhhhhh, cooooooooo, gaaaaaaaaaaaa and i listened as grandmother made nonsense noises to her on her playmat yesterday. i said, what are you teaching her? ok - killer mom instinct kicking in. talk to the baby - don't make weird noises. we want her to talk. yikes. i'm mean. well, i was nice about it. maybe i read too much. i believe some things i read.











Ahh, the Baby Bjorn. now, i'm borrowing this from a friend but i will not have another baby without purchasing one of these. brilliant! she LOVES it! she wants to see everything! she kicks her legs and is so excited when she even sees me getting it ready for her. Of course, it wasn't the warmest day and my neighbors probably thought i was nuts, but we walked around and she loved it. i love it too. I put her in there to do my shopping - she is starting to not like sitting in her car seat all the time, so this is a big help. she's heavy and i'm certain this is why my back is killing me, but it's worth it to keep her smiling.






feet, toes, hands, skin, cheeks...you want to capture it all so that you can remind them when they are bigger how tiny they once were. i love her feet. i love the softness of her skin. i love her smell, all except when we have huge blow outs. i will digress for a moment into the crap faze - there will be craps, so big and powerful that even the greatest of all diapers will not hold up to its enormousness. clothes will need changing. several times, perhaps. i laugh. she laughs. Daddy laughs. it's funny. sometimes one bath leads to another bath. i carry a change of clothes wherever we go. i go prepared. i think of large craps. these are the things that encompass my thoughts upon leaving the house. boobs, check. change of clothes, check. diapers a plenty, check.



Daycare. it's out there and now she has to go. Hopefully (pros and cons there) I will be going to work soon and she has to go to daycare. i'm looking forward to it because i know she will skyrocket with her learning as she is exposed to other children. I'm not looking forward to it because i LOVE our time together. absence makes the heart grow fonder...she will learn to love me more when i am not always there for her. ugh...it is as hard as they say it is. it will always be hard saying goodbye (for now) to your child. how could it not be.






i'll enjoy watching her play for now, with me, alone. i'll capture these past four months and remember them to be the greatest, yet most trying times of my life....and i'll be sure to tell her about them later - that they are the most significant, wonderful, captivating times i could ever have dreampt of.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Welcome back! It's hard work juggling house hold chores, baby needs, your needs and blogging. But we love to read about you guys and see pictures. Of course I read about you guys and see pictures by email but you can never get enough of babies!!!