Monday, April 28, 2008

life before Romy...and now.

Things I took for granted: peeing uninterrupted; having a telephone conversation uninterrupted; making dinner uninterrupted; sleeping; browsing the internet; posting to my blog...

Romy is in bed...my time to reflect on my day and giggle about the little things, which, in the moment, made me perturbed, but only in the slightest bit. Things that i used to be able to do without worry have now become things to squeeze in my marathon day of caring for our daughter. Getting the mail from the mailbox; folding laundry; eating; feeding the animals; cleaning the house; running to the store (any errands); showering; and tons more. I laugh when i visit the mailbox with infant in hand, when i shower with her in her vibrating chair directly outside the shower curtain so i can keep her entertained with peek-a-boo while i sneak in shaving my legs; while she sits nestled in her swing as I prepare a meal for myself; or place her on her pack-and-play changing station as i make my trip to the bathroom; or juggle her in one arm as I toss wet laundry into the dryer. Every minute of every day I learn how to live while juggling our daughter who cannot live without my help, who would sit unbearably unhappy if I didn't entertain her every minute she begged for my attention. This is my life. 24/7.

I'm not writing about this because it annoys me. No, not at all. I write this because I often reflect on how life used to be and how much, even though chaotic and much more complex, life is so much more meaningful and wonderful and full of happiness; thankfulness and pride. I'm so proud of our family, how we manage to get along in a day of so many stresses and remain close and never forget to remind one another how much we love one another. Our family; me, Ted and Romy is the greatest thing I have ever accomplished. It may not be the best word choice, but it feels like the one thing in my life that has made me proud, like a promotion at work or something, but so much bigger. I love my life. I am madly in love with Ted and our daughter. and i wouldn't change anything at all, not ever. They make life worth living and living full of life!

No comments: