Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Party girl



She is SO CUTE!

Romy – you are so freakin cute it makes my heart dance with enjoyment every time I even think of you!

We had a surprise party for my mom’s birthday (58) last Saturday, July 12th. The secret was well kept and Mom was certainly surprised. Romy enjoys crowds of people. She pretty much skipped her naps for the day and didn’t go to bed until late. My brother was amazed at how well she behaved through the entire party. Romy seems to like to take it all in. She stares and is quiet like she is thinking and processing everything she sees. I like to think I am the same way. Ted is very similar to that too. She is SUCH a delight when she is not teething.

Romy is trying to go from sitting to belly in order to try to crawl. She gets discouraged when she cannot get to where she wanted to go. However, I have noticed that she will use her butt while in sitting position in order to move forward. It is when she is laying down that she cannot figure out how to go forward.

I decided to buy some more toys today. Time flies by and next thing you know you find yourself thinking – I wonder if she could use some more challenging toys…those old toys seem to be boring her. She is also growing out of her 9 mth clothes very quickly. She is into 12 mth clothing now. I imagine she is around 19 pounds.

She LOVES when her Daddy even threatens to kiss her coming at her making piggy noises. She will flinch up with anticipation. It is so hilarious. She laughs out loud. One of my favorite memories which I think will stay embedded in my mind for a while (hopefully forever) will be of the three of us laying in bed laughing and playing. I’m sure there will be more days like that, but even as an almost 7 month old, Romy is able to enjoy the childish antics her mommy and daddy play just to get a rise out of her. If only she knew … if only she could grasp… just how much she is loved.
We have been spending more time with her getting her to walk. she loves to have her hands held while she tries to take one foot in front of the other. She starts to giggle and click her voice (odd noise) while she is walking. She tends to drag her toes as she steps tippy-toe. She needs some shoes to assist her. Socks with grippy bottoms help. She will hold herself up while holding onto the coffee table.
She is learning how to be gentle while petting the animals. She pets Walden and he tries to play with his toys with her. We haven't quite figured out how this will work, but Romy has quite a strong grip and Walden tends to think she is playing tug-o-war.
She has moved to Stage two foods. Her poop is becoming more solid! ahhh...the milestones!

No comments: