Thursday, October 11, 2007

30 weeks

Hard to imagine, only about 2 more mths to go. wow! time flew by. Fatigue is coming back. I have also noticed being super sensitive and over-thinking everything. it's like PMS multiplied by ten. there comes a point when you stop feeling so super glamorous and start feeling fat. the thankful reminders baby sends me makes it all feel better. i can tell she is getting cramped for room but she is still rolling around. i experience more rolls than ever before. when she kicks i just wish i could grab her little foot and kiss it. the other day i felt an appendage in my ribcage. it burned and caused some discomfort. i massaged it and eventually she moved.

i am eating like a pig...there are days when i could just never stop. it's really hard to control your appetite. it's not like you are starving or anything...just feel like you could keep popping things in your mouth. Twix isn't always the best thing to pop....but with Halloween around the corner, those bags of individual ones make it hard to resist.

i have had a bit of nausea again too. the beginning of the week felt a lot like the first trimester. i could tell i was having a hormone spike since i began to break out. i swear my breasts are continuing to grow. i read that once your milk comes in your breasts will seem to double in size over night. oh help me big man in the sky... i'm going to need a back brace.

Haven't had any cravings, per say. there are certainly things i find more delicious than others. I experienced that PICA sensation they speak of. It's when you smell something that isn't eatable and wish you could eat it (or some even do). Mine stemmed from when ted was trimming back the bushes to unveil the creepy steps in our backyard. he hacked away at a cedar and let me tell you....i could not have tasted that cedar any more unless i ate it. i wanted to roll around in it and douse myself in cedar smell. it was the silliest feeling.

My mom is getting all excited (as am i) for my shower. it sounds like quite an event, with catering, flowers and 30 guests. what a time i have ahead of me! i am thrilled that this has made her become so involved with me. we have our moments, but we have truly begun to bridge a gap. ( i say this and watch....i'll jinx myself). Our baby will be coming into this world already loved by so many people. it's really exciting to see who gets involved and overjoyed about the arrival of your child. women love babies.

I still miss my Colorado friends so much. I think about you all the time and wish i could see you. I really miss being able to hang out, even if for an hour so for coffee...it isn't the same being without you. i cherish the times we did share when i lived there. good friends are very hard to find. (sob sob)

The heat has finally lifted. with the chillier weather coming, i look forward to sweaters and pants! it has been a very long summer...and i will not be sad to see it go.

Happy Fall!

No comments: