Tuesday, November 6, 2007

wow - it's been a month almost!

OK, so I am almost 34 weeks....coming this Thursday. I have had my baby shower, we've moved into our house, and things are getting under way. Ted is still busily working on the house...as there are endless projects awaiting his attention. He always finds something to do. Our kitchen wasn't quite together for the move in, but the counter tops are arriving today and our kitchen shall be together soon enough. boxes need unpacking, furniture needs placing and the place needs tidying up. i've got some work ahead of me too!

Baby is growing so big, as am i. i can sometimes feel her legs under my ribcage (good thing, means she is head down). we start part one of two of our child birthing class this coming Sunday and my breastfeeding class shortly follows. i've gone through our goodies from the shower and have marked on a list what i need and what we've got. i'm trying to get organized. i feel the need to pack a bag.

about a week ago, my feet started to swell as well as my ankles. Dr said it is normal.... i say....sure....whatever. my shoe size has gone from an 8 - 8 1/2 to a 9 1/2. i try elevating them when i have the chance, but in the course of a day, the opportunities are difficult. not much else to complain about. i think i have had it pretty good, so far. i await Braxton Hicks contractions...for i have not experieinced one yet, i don't believe. those will help me to prepare for labor. i need a sneak preview to let me know what i am in for. all in all, maybe i am naive, but i do not anticiapte it being a horrible experience. trying, painful and flat out strange, but not too crazy horrible.

i switched my OB. Ghattas was getting a little on the nerve-wracking side. something told me sarcasm and flat out rudeness weren't par for the course in pregnancy care. So far, i am enjoying the new Dr., Dr. Baker. i've never had a male GYN so the experience is weird for me....but i feel it is the much better choice between the two. of course, Ghattas could still deliver if he is unavailable. ho hmmmm

in three weeks, they say the baby is full term and can come any time. I say give me at least five. i feel so out of sorts until i get things organized. as of next monday, i will have started to see the OB once a week. that in itself, feels like the end is near.

i am still very excited to meet our baby. i have waited, what seems like two years, to meet her. my life has changed so drastically since i found out i was pregnant, i almost can't wait for the next step....because this place, this limbo place is becoming a little on the SLOW side....and these raging hormones have GOT TO GO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Baker - like on Little House on the Prarie! Sorry, I had to go there. Don't worry about the doctor too much. In my experience you spend 90% of your time with the nurses and the doctor just comes in to catch the baby and cut the cord. Your nurses will be your best friends!
~Robin