Friday, October 5, 2007


29 weeks and loving the buddha. Thanks to Meredith for snapping pics when i ask her to! I've been documenting my growth pretty religiously. I have a book at home that i try to write in when "events" turn. i was pretty good about it when i was in my first and second trimesters. It seems now, there hasn't been much change except the growth of the belly.
i sit here at watch her kick and squirm. i lift my shirt to tap her telling her i like to communicate with her. we have a Morse code, it seems. she kicks, i poke, she kicks, i pat her...she knows she's safe and then relaxes. too fun.
I am going to the Dr every other week now. So far, nothing has changed. i go, i am weighed, i pee, have my blood pressure taken and then hear the baby's heartbeat and am sent on my way. Not much going on.
Sleeping has become more difficult as she gets heavier it is more difficult to turn over to the other side. i have less of the limbs falling asleep though. back pain has been moderate. i have been so exhausted it's unbelievable. my body temperature has risen and it feels like the room is over 80 sometimes. doesn't help that the temps outside are hot too - over 80 in October....ridiculous. i want Fall. this isn't Fall.
work has been fine. Meredith and I are forming a very wonderful friendship - one in which you know will last beyond the work atmosphere. she is really funny and reminds me of a mixture of a bunch of other friends. we keep each other entertained. it's too bad she lives so far away. She is in york, which may not seem far, but it is far enough where you just have to take the entire day to hang out.
i cannot wait to have this baby. i'm getting more and more eager to meet her! I also cannot wait, however, to move into our house and be able to spend a month or so of hopefully, quieter times with Ted. the past few months have kept him busy and me preoccupied. i miss hanging out on the down times....so November may offer us some time to spend enjoying each other before the baby makes her acquaintance. they say to pamper yourself before the baby comes, enjoy romantic dinners, get a pedicure, spend time with your friends. i'm sure once we move i will be all about nesting...have i mentioned how excited i am to move? :-)
The house is so close to being livable, i can see it.....it's almost there. Drew came to help this week which allowed Ted the help he needed in laying the tile in the kitchen/tv room/foyer. not that he couldn't do it himself, but having a second person there really speeds thigns up. plus it's good for morale. Baby, we are almost there. just a few more projects and we'll be set. You are my super-fantastic, ultra-wonderful, marvelous man!

No comments: