Sunday, August 26, 2007

baby, baby, baby


this is our baby girl during her ultrasound on August 14th, 2007.

I wasn't able to get a picture of her legs, but we did see them. they are long, just like her daddy's. As you can tell here...she has some pretty long fingers too. Our little super model!

It took some probing and jostling around to see what gender the baby is, but finally she got a shot of her "sitting" on the lens for us. it was pretty obvious to me. Hello little girl!

We got to tour the birthing center that same day. It was just as i had hoped. My friend Jenni had her daughter Lily almost two years ago...when i was still living in Colorado, and her hospital labor delivery room was awesome. She got to experience that room (and delivery) all over again with the recent birth of her son, Harrison Lee on August 20th. 10 pounds 1 ounce! Congrats Jenni and Randy!!!!! Anyway...as i was saying, her birthing room was so cozy, i knew that when i have a child, that is the way i want mine to be. St. Joseph's Medical Center built a new facility and opened last November. Their LDRs are just as lovely as Jenni's...without the view of the Rockies. Complete with hardwood floors, flat screen tv and cabintry to make it look like home (kinda). Ted and i were both pleased. that 's a load off my mind.

last night, August 26th, baby was getting pretty active as we were sitting watching tv. I had been up and moving all day so i had felt very little during the course of the day. As i was sitting there feeling her bump and kick around i told Ted to put his hand near my abdomen, below my belly button and keep it there. He finally felt the baby kick!! Up until now, i tried to get him to feel her, but he didn't have any luck. finally! he commented...that's pretty neat! I think it will take him some warming up to appreciate her movements. It must be pretty strange to experience pregnancy as a man. He is so removed from it all. Me, my days are consumed by her. I eat, breathe, and sleep baby. literally. she's all i ever think about. :-)

The house is still coming along. Primer paint has been coated on all the walls in most of the house, minus a few rooms. BUT - it is coming along nicely. For those of you interested who didn't get the pictures sent to them, let me know and i will forward them to you. i tend to keep tabs on the house through the slide shows on Sony Imagestation. i don't ever mean to keep the progress that Ted has been making out of my blogs, but with the two things going, it is hard to mention everything on both.

i would like to say that I think Ted is the most amazingly ambitious person i have ever met....or even heard of. He knows how to do it all...and if he doesn't, he learns. no project has been too big for him and he has kept a level head throughout the project even through swift kicks in the butt by bugs, rodents, fungus and leaks. you are my miracle man, baby, and I want you to always know how much i appreciate you and all the hard work you are putting into building our future. I love you greater than the sky's vastness and all the stars within it.



1 comment:

Jenni said...

Hey, I didn't have a flat screen in my labor/delivery/recovery room. :( Yay for Ted feeling his little girl kicking away. Such an amazing experience...one he will never forget.