Friday, May 18, 2007

getting the job done

So ted and I finally feel secure and happy with the OB/GYN. After a terrible visit with a different Dr. we decided to try out another one. Well, talk about night and day! Dr Ghattas is so awesome - she took an hour and a half to discuss pregnancy with us, family history, and what to expect from the next 9 months. It was a wonderful visit. at the other place, we never even SAW the darn Dr. for our first child, i think we deserve a little more comfort.

She began by laying out the hormonal changes...yeah, you don't have to tell me. i'm glad i have been so curious about pregnancy and reading all tht i can because I have not ben surprised or put back by anything anyone has told me. Ok, so there was the issue with the vag disch - but that is certainly TMI so i'm not going to go there. i'm not saying that down the road there will be things i can only learn by experiencing....bc i know this for sure. i know that my girls who have had babies wouldn't possibly tell me everything...but i have heard my fair share of stories. I know that there will be moments that are not so glamorous. I know that i may test Ted to his limits. I know I may want to sleep all day long when the sun is shining...all this bc I'm Pregnant!! growing a baby is hard work.

Dr Ghattas went on with the questions concerning family history and almost ran out of paper from scratching down all my family's ailments. Ted went on to say he has been told he is mentally ill if she wanted to put that down too. it was nice to see that everyone had a sense of humor...

She assured me that everything will be fine, and if it isn't she will always go out of her way to make me her first priority and be sure i am getting the attention that i need, medically.

The pelvic exam is always my favorite. i must say though, of most of my friends, i have been one of the only people to keep regimented with going to the GYNo. it doesn't make the table experience any more enjoyable, but i certainly got to know the drill after bi-yearly visits since i was 15 yrs old. Dr Ghattas assured me that childbirth would be particularly milder for me because of the width of my pelvis. WOO HOO gimme a lolly! feel free to submit any (good) comments in the box on your way out. thank you ma'am. yeh, the baby will just fall right out. :-) no, i'm not that naive.


We only get ONE ultrasound at 20 weeks, so i managed to find a pic on the 'net of what our little pea is looking like right now. It's a very exciting week as he went from tadpole to human! he lost his tail!


i've reached the point where none of my dresses are fitting and my underwear are starting to feel constricting. My face broke out a week and a half ago but it's finally clearing up. i'm not as hungry but WAYYYY more fatigued than i have been from day one. My moods have been a little crappy -- i'm hoping this fades quick because it is no fun being short and testy. Week 9 is almost up. Our pea will be growing very quickly as the next few weeks progress. Stay posted so you can see progress of growth. I'll snatch pics from the web so you can get an idea.


No comments: