Friday, May 11, 2007

EVERY day is a new day!

Ok, my love affair with food has become a series of highs and lows. I will say, however, that my life truly revolves around food. what to eat, how much, where...making sure i have food on me at all times. I keep telling myself that I'm an actress putting on pounds for a movie..that's why i have to do it in a hurry. Ladies, I don't know if you are familiar with this pregnancy bit, but remember you get to relax and remind yourself that it's OK to eat...because it isn't just for you, it's for baby. Certainly puts my mind at ease. sometimes. (this is what pregnant people are telling me, i'm just passing it on to you)

I will report that my favorite thing right now...and for the past week, is watermelon. i never much enjoyed watermelon before as i see it as one of those foods that serves no nutritional value whatsoever - but it serves a HUGE purpose when you are prego ( and all the time really!). first - it is fiber. it helps with the motions downstairs. which, i gravely took advantage of before. second - it is a diuretic. perfect! you have never been capable of retaining so much water in your life than right now. third, it's sweetness touches the lips and can be savored for minutes on end. fourth - it's a fruit - there are no guilty calories. i can't believe i didn't like it before. don't EVEN think i will be moving on to corn from here...you are sorely mistaken.

So, last weekend I traveled to Denver to see my girlie girls and let me tell you - it was so refreshing to spend some girlie time....but, now don't take this the wrong way, but...i was even more refreshed to come home. Girl needs a little time with her friends, this is so true. but when girl finds guy and he turns out to be the love of your life...girl loves going home to guy.

I squeezed a lot of stuff into a weekend, i will report more on this later with photos! Thank you to Laura for toting my ass around, much appreciated. And thank you to everyone who made time to hang out with me. I AM SO GLAD I SAW YOU. i love you and cannot wait to see you again soon!!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm surprised you find the diuretic part of watermelon as a good thing. The increased peeing thing must not have affected you...yet. I'm searching for a kind of food that holds urine in. At least for longer than 45 minutes at a time.

Jenni said...

Have a Happy Mother's Day to a mommy-to-be! Relax, kick your feet up and enjoy cuz next year the kid will be crying and you won't get to nap whenever. :)