Monday, February 11, 2008

and now it's February...


Well, it's true...just when you figured out your baby's schedule, it changes. Romy has gone from waking every 2 1/2 - 3 hours to sleeping 7 hours straight yesterday. I believe she is going through a growth spurt...

watching your baby try to imitate you is the most wonderful thing so far. she is making noises and mimmicing my mouth movements. she oooo, ahhhhhhhs, ohhhhhhhhs and it's so incredible. her hands went from clenched to open. her neck is stronger. she is more interested and becomes less interested in a short period of time. she loves to be held. she smiles at the sound of my voice in the morning. she is intrigued by bright things. she smells wonderful. her little cries make me want to wash away everything that bothers her. her play mat is finally a place to practice focusing. her tummy mats are proving more useful.

her eyes are still blue, her hair fell out and is growing in darker. her skin is sensitive and breaks out here and there. she loves high pitch noises and the sound of her daddy's voice. she loves attention but loves chillin in her vibrating chair. she enjoys being read to and looking at bright pictures in her books. she isn't too enamored by rattles or loud sounds or clapping. she loves being walked around, facing out, held tightly to my chest. her little legs are straightening as she tries to stand every day. she sits up with a little help from her Bumbo.

I'm loving every minute, but the fun has to stop sometime with the beginning of my job search. I have begun sending my resume...so we will cross our fingers that this process isn't too pain staking.

No comments: